Transitioning to cruelty-free and paraben-free makeup and toiletries was easy for the most part. Two things that were hard to find were cruelty-free concealer and deodorant. As of yet, I still haven’t found a concealer that I like as much as the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. I have however found a brand of deodorant that is perfect!
The brand is Crystal Spring. They are most well known for their classic Salt of the Earth crystal deodorant stick (pictured below).
This stuff seriously works. Perhaps, if you had a problem with sweating, this product wouldn’t be strong enough. That said, for the average consumer, Crystal Spring is perfect. The type that I have at the moment is their new spray deodorant. It’s very good, but not quite as good value as the crystal. If you’re the type of person who gets grossed out by roll-on deodorants, however, the spray is perfect for you.
As far as I am aware, Holland and Barrett are the only in-store stockists of Crystal Spring products in Ireland. The products are also available online on Crystal Spring’s website. Undoubtedly, their deodorants are more expensive than other brands, but in my opinion, you really get what you pay for. There is a lot of research to suggest that there exists a strong link between some deodorants and certain types of cancer. So, really, by spending a little bit more money, you are investing in your health.
As well as that, the crystal deodorants last for AGES so it really isn’t all that much to spend. The prices for these products range between about four euro and seven euro.
Here are some of the advantages of using Crystal Spring Salt of the Earth Deodorant instead of some other brands
- It’s long-lasting.
- It doesn’t leave white marks on black clothing or yellow marks on white clothing.
- The brand boasts that it all of its products are unisex. Although really, everything in the world is pretty unisex. Wear what you want!
- The brand engages in no animal testing whatsoever.
- The brand is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- The deodorants are free from fragrance, aluminium, chlorohydrate, alcohol, parabens, CFCs and triclosan.
- The formula is also pretty moisturising with most if not all types containing aloe vera.
So yeah, that’s my case for buying from Crystal Spring. Let me know in the comments if you have tried this brand, know of another good one or can think of any good quality cruelty-free concealers!
Thanks for reading! Talk soon.