Hello, everyone! This is just a sloppy old thrown together post to tell y’all about vegan pesto. It is so unbelievably easy to make and it is totally delicious. Obviously it doesn’t taste exactly like pesto made with parmesan, but holy crap does it taste amazing. I am in love.
This is such a half-assed recipe, I’m not even going to use proper measurements so, sorry about that. If you prefer to use more precise measurements, there are tonnes of recipes online you can look at!
What you need
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast. The tablespoons don’t need to be level; just chuck it in your mixture.
- LOADS of basil. About 2 mugs of basil, pushed down. I used a whole damn plant making this.
- 1/4 to 1/3 of a mug of olive oil
- A generous pinch of salt and pepper
- The juice of about half a lemon
- A mug of pine nuts or walnuts
- 1 large clove of garlic
Literally just put everything into a blender or food processor until the pesto is the right texture for you. This pesto is safe to keep in your fridge for a little longer than non-vegan pesto is, so long as you keep it in a glass container and not plastic. I put it in a jar and sealed with clingfilm. If you eat a plant based diet you HAVE to try this. It’s not very expensive to make either, if you buy your ingredients in the supermarket!
Excuse the shoddy photography. I promise it looks better in real life!
Until next time,